Years ago I bought myself an IR remote for my Nikon D40. That worked ok, but of course I wanted to build my own using a Digispark.
There’s lots of tutorials for IR remotes out there, like LuckyLarry’s. I then later came across the nikonIrControl library which basically allows you to trigger a photo with a single line of code! Best of it is this library will work for every camera supported by ML-L1 and ML-L3 such as D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D7000, D5000, D5100, D3000, Coolpix 8400, 8800, P6000, P7000, P7100, Nikon 1 J1/V1.
And because the intervalometer should be as tiny as possible I was using a Digispark to control everything. Continue reading →
They arrived today – along with some proto and RGB shields. I soldered the headers and a RGB shield and uploaded the DigisparkRGB sketch that came with the Arduino 1.0.3 IDE… woohooo. More to follow soon 🙂
Ever since I saw this How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects I wanted to do a project using Arduino Attiny85s. And because I want to bring my son into the world of Arduino and he was eager to learn how to solder I was thinking of an easy project. With Christmas being around the corner I wanted to do some kind of a blinking Christmas tree.
The Attiny85 has 5 pins to use so I thought it would be cool to hook up a shift register to blink some LEDs. First thing I did was buying Attiny85s and 8-Bit Shift Register (SN74HC595N) on ebay. 10 pcs of Attiny85 cost me 12 USD and 10 shift registers were 2.50 USD.
The idea was to control 8 LEDs with the shift register. That would use up 3 pins on the Attiny85… so this left me with 2 more pins. I decided to use them kind of doing multiplexing LEDs. So I could hook up 2 LEDs per shift register output but they would not share the same connection to ground. This was controlled by two transistors that are connected to the two remaining pins on the arduino.